We all know how bad sugar is, but do you know about the great benefits of honey?
Our top five benefits of honey:
- Honey has been used in Ayurvedic medicine in India for over 4000 years and is considered to improve eyesight, weight loss, bronchial asthma and nausea
- Despite containing simple sugars, it is not the same as white sugar or artificial sweeteners and the combination of fructose and glucose helps the body to regulate blood sugar levels
- Ancient Olympic athletes would eat honey and dried figs to enhance performance, modern studies have verified that honey is superior in maintaining glycogen levels and improving recovery time than any other sweeteners
- All honey is antibacterial due to the bees enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide
- And finally, as we all know honey reduces cough and throat irritation
With this in mind, and the fact that our brand identify has evolved from the Manchester Worker Bee, we decided to swap the traditional sugar stick, for a honey stick. We've a feeling this will become a popular option, especially during the winter months when we're spluttering and coughing. We tried and tested it during our focus groups and found it mixed perfect with a cup of ROYAL black tea. For those who like an extra sweetness, it was also a favourite in our VICTORIA herbal infusion.